We understand the needs of accountants and have been working with financial planners and their aligned practices groups since 1985. We have a strong belief that both financial planners and accountants working together provide quality, robust and holistic advice to their clients.
Our limited SMSF authorisation was first to market in 2006 and, since then, we have continued to enhance and develop our offering so that we are now one of the leading boutique licensees in the SMSF space.
From 1 July 2016, when the accountants exemption is removed, our SMSF specialist authorisation gives you the tools and support you need if you want to continue providing SMSF advice to your clients.
Under our SMSF specialist authorisation you don't need to worry about the day-to-day administration and compliance of managing your own AFSL because you'll have:
- the authority to recommend the establishment or the closure of an SMSF
- the authority to provide strategic SMSF advice, including class of product advice
- access to SMSF training, compliance and SoA tools
- access to specialist SMSF administration and audit solutions through our preferred partners.
you are able to provide advice on:
- Basic deposit products. General advice on the appropriateness of basic deposit products.
- Class of product. Class of products advice on super, risk insurance and securities.
- Comprehensive advice. Provision of comprehensive financial planning advice and strategies.
- Recommend products. Provision of specific financial product advice.
- Risk insurance. General advice on types of insurance, level of cover and whether it should be established inside or outside super.
- Simple managed investment schemes
- General advice on managed investment schemes that invest predominantly in liquid assets like cash and equities. Schemes that invest in illiquid assets like real estate and mortgages however, are excluded.
- Securities. General advice on whether shares are an appropriate option given tolerance to risk or whether alternative classes of product might be more suitable.
- Superannuation. Recommendations that consider a client's existing super fund in order to establish an SMSF, provision of advice on contributions or pensions and set-up/establishment of an SMSF.
To find out more, please contact us today on 1300 566 732 or contact us here.
Flexible licensing options
to fit your business
Find out more
Catalyst for financial planners
The program provides modules that gives businesses and individuals the opportunity to identify and harness their potential through the implementation of Catalyst consulting modules.
Find out more